SpanishSaturday April 29, 2017 | 14:33 PM
The runway and taxiways were designed based on a Boeing 707 as critical aircraft. The parking platform allows for the simultaneous operation of three medium-sized aircraft.
The airport's main characteristics are detailed below:
- Airport codes:
- TRE - FAA
- SAVT - OACI
- REL - IATA
- Runway length: 2,560 meters
- Runway width: 45 meters
- Safety areas: 60 meters (beyond each runway end). End 06 asphalt. End 2.4 dirt
- Heading of runway: 06-24
- Airfield location indicator SAWC (ECA) 6.5 km to the north-northeast of the City of Trelew
- Reference point: SOUTH Latitude 43° 12' 38'' / WEST Longitude 65° 16' 13''
- Commercial platform: 14,700 square meters
- Airfield elevation: 43 meters (141 feet)
- Elevations: RWY 06 140:42.56 RWY 24 134:40.79
- Taxiways: : 18 meters wide, designed for high speed
- The structural design is formed by two granular layers of 20 cm and 15 cm, with a weight bearing value (CBR) of approximately 63. The runway and taxiway surface layer is made of concrete (32 cm).
- Signalling: Diurnal on runway, taxiways and platform. Markings were made with special reflective paint.
- Weight bearing capacity: PCN - 50 F/B/W/U
- Air traffic service: Provided by ANAC: Controlled from Mondays to Sundays, H24
- TWR frequency / 118.7 MHz
- Auxiliary 120.65 MHz
- Taxiing 118.7 MHz
- Emergency 121.5 MHz
- Fire protection level: The airport has a category 7 level. The service is provided by the Argentine Federal Police and the equipment is provided by the Argentine Navy.
- Secondary power supply: The airport currently has 2 stand-alone units, one supplying the ''air operations'' (lighting, communications, etc.), and the other one supplying the rest of the services (terminal, etc.)
- Radioelectric guidance: VOR - DME 115.1 MHz / DME CH 98X NDB - LI 280 KHz.
- Fuel: Service to be provided by YPF-Repsol. Fuel provision AVGAS 100LL. Capacity 207,000 litres. ATS. JET A1/HD1100. Capacity 535,000 litres.